We have recognised and tested expertise in this area. Our team works on the organization of retail distribution channels (large retailers, specialty retailers or e-commerce), on drafting of agreements and on conducting training courses. We advise clients at the negotiating stage on distribution and retailing agreements in connection with pre-litigation (mediation, settlement, etc.) or litigation situations, on monitoring of their various cases in respect of the law of retail distribution.
We advise regularly on the following :
- Advice and support in connection with establishment, development and audits of retail distribution networks (consignment agent, business lease, franchising, master-franchise, branches, joint-ventures, commercial agents, finders, brokers, etc.) domestically and internationally,
- Analysis and drafting of distribution agreements (distribution-supplier agreements : referencing agreements, general terms of sales and standard purchasing terms, business/commercial cooperation, new marketing tools, etc., selective/exclusive distribution agreements: consignment agent, franchise, business leases,
- Assistance in preparation of pre-contractual commercial information documents,
- Analysis, recommendations, assistance in connection with termination of an established business/commercial and legal relationship,
- Advice and assistance in implementing commercial and business strategy in light of legal rules on retail distribution (sales promotion – concept of gift certificates or cards, etc.),
- Assistance in compliance with provisions in the area of consumer protection law.